Partner / Co-founder – Vi-M Professional Solutions
Trustee / Co-founder – MSME Crowd Funding Foundation (operators of fundanenterprise.org, Nigeria’s first crowdfunding platform for supporting micro, small and medium sized businesses)
Vivian Chigozie-Nmonwu is a professional whose passion, drive and long-term commitment is partnering with her clients to ensure the continuous growth of their businesses and complete satisfaction of all the key stakeholders. Any accolades about the quality of her services, she prefers, would rather come from commendations and referrals from completely satisfied clients with whom she has worked. She is also a strong believer in collaborating all stakeholders, disruptive and ground-breaking innovations, entrepreneurship, institution building and wealth creation.
At Vi-M Professional Solutions (www.vi-m.com), she and her team assist businesses navigate their tax, accounting, financial and business challenges, majorly through software-as-a-service initiatives/ products. They render external audit services to different sizes of businesses in different sectors, and internal audit service for large/ multinational organisations. They also help many businesses setup accounting/ payroll systems and carry out payroll administration services.
She pioneered and championed the weekly ‘Tax Discourse’ (tax technical) publications, in a national newspaper (the Guardian), every Thursday, in partnership with the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) for the tax education of taxpayers across Nigeria. Vivian now runs ‘Tax Discourse’ as on-demand telephone/ video / zoom call sessions with subscribing clients.
She pioneered the development of the first mobile app compilation of Nigerian tax laws/ Regulations, known as ‘Tax law Book’ and the first ‘Tax Assist’ website (free PAYE/Pension/payroll processor, WHT and VAT calculator web application- www.vi-mtaxassist.com) for use by taxpayers with little/no knowledge of tax and little finance to afford professional help.
She also has the passion for reshaping employee performance appraisal systems to achieve greater employee satisfaction and highly motivated work environment where the employees could give of their personal best. She is deeply involved in the recruitment and headhunting processes as well as mentorship programs for younger professional colleagues.
This passion, and that of simplifying the pains of workforce management for businesses, led her into developing Vi-M’s Talent Assist digital platform- www.vi-mtalentassist.com; designed to assist talents, freelancers and employers achieve their career and workforce management goals, respectively. Vivian also offers online finishing schools – in soft / employability skills and entrepreneurship skills, through Vi-M Talent Assist to subscribing young talents.
She and her team have also worked with the catholic archdiocese of Lagos, Nigeria to train catholic entrepreneurs (as pro-bono volunteer service) in different selected parishes of the archdiocese.
At MSME Crowd Funding Foundation, she and her team train, crowd fund and mentor start-ups, micro, small and medium sized businesses, as a way of giving back to the society. The foundation operates the crowd funding website – www.fundanenterprise.org.
At Deloitte, she worked majorly in the tax function and garnered a wealth of experience from working in different tax service lines. She identified, marketed, and rendered diverse tax services to many companies in the consumer business, hospitality, manufacturing, telecommunications, financial institutions, and oil & gas industries.
She trained and worked with AWD’s IFRS faculty and the Deloitte UK Center of Excellence (COE) to pioneer the IFRS tax solutions at the start-up of IFRS implementation in Nigeria. While championing the initiative, she worked with the Tax leadership to develop and market the new IFRS tax service offerings to many multinational clients and financial institutions. She also wrote many articles on IFRS as it relates to taxation and these articles were published under the auspices of the firm’s IFRS Watch and InsideTax series (which she also pioneered) at different times.
She was a core member of the Tax function’s eminence building team. She worked with the team to identify and launch Deloitte Tax eminence building programs and activities geared towards advancing social causes and enhancing the Deloitte brand.
She was also a pioneer member of the firm’s transfer pricing team. She worked with the team in acquiring and developing capacity in TP core technical knowledge, as well building the market and providing Transfer Pricing solutions to clients.
Until her exit from the firm, she was the tax function delegate for the firm’s ‘Working as One’ cross functional team; a group consisting of individual champions from each of the firm’s service lines, charged with:
* Identification of cross functional selling opportunities;
* Cross pollination of ideas across the various industries;
* New service offering identification; and
* Product/solution development.
Vivian has trained 300 + tax officials, on IFRS and understanding financial statements; 2,500+ MSMEs on understanding/ navigating tax challenges, entrepreneurship, and business process improvement; 2 million + radio audience in repeated radio programmes on understanding tax and navigating the challenges. She also speaks at various webinars, seminars, and workshops.
Vivian has written several eBooks on tax, accounting software and other business topics.
Education and Qualification
- Sc. Accountancy; University of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu Campus, Enugu State, Nigeria (Second Class Upper Division), 2002
- S.S. C.E; University of Nigeria Secondary School, Enugu Campus, Enugu State; 1997
- First School Leaving Certificate; Ekulu Primary School, Enugu State; 1991
Other Professional Affiliations
- Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria – Registered professional – 2013
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)- 2006
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)- 2008
- Financial Institutions
- Consumer Business and Transportation
- Oil and Gas
- Utilities and Construction
- Government Parastatals
- Real Estate and Construction
- Information Technology and Telecommunications Industry
- Media and Advertising
- Strategic and critical in thinking
- Innovative, creative and original
- Thought leadership/ ability to develop novel solutions to new and grey topics
- Charisma for building relationships
- Finesse and tact
- Effectiveness in service and engagement delivery
- Determined with intrinsic motivation for excellence
- Genial disposition with excellent communication (oral/written) skills
- Highly analytical and articulate
- Aptitude for exceptional performance despite pressure
- Conversant with various computer applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Attention for details
- Great team player
- Training on various accounting / ERP/ Payroll software packages – Sage products, Xero & third-party apps, SAP, Oracle products, NetSuite, Wave, Zoho, Freshbook, Quickbooks, PaySpace, Talent Base, Vend, Katana, Shopify, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
- Internal audit trainings – revenue assurance, payroll cycle and administration audit, Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (ICFR), etc.
- Trainings on website building / development on WordPress, use of plugins, themes, page builders and customizers
- Harvard Business Publishing trainings on leadership, emotional intelligence and business management
- Mergers/ Acquisitions – Due Diligence trainings
- Bookkeeping and accounting trainings
- Advanced trainings on tax
- Transfer Pricing training and e-learnings
- IFRS tax accounting training at Czech Republic, Prague
- Local trainings on IFRS and IFRS conversion
- E-learning on all IFRS topics and Deloitte accreditation to practice IFRS
- Technical sessions on various IFRS topics
- Seminars on tax implications of IFRS conversion
- Business etiquette training
- International tax school 1
- Mandatory Professional Training Programmes and Mandatory Continuous Professional Education for Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) and Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).
- ICAN and CITN conferences
- Weekly technical sessions
- Human Capital Training – Payroll Management, Tax Training and Recruiting Skills
- Time Management Training
- Effective Presentation Skills Training
- Assertiveness in the Workplace (Lagos Business School)
- Report and Proposal writing
- Introduction to tax and contract review
- Tax milestone 1 & 2 trainings
- Preparing for tax audits and due diligence
- Tax induction course for new intakes
- Effective Writing Skills and Writing for Clarity and Style
- Corporate governance and Sarbanes Oxley’s
- Audit system2 training
- Basic auditing training
- Basic accounting training
- Microsoft Office Suite Trainings
Interests and Activities
Family, entrepreneurship, taxation, information technology, writing, fashion and style, hair styling and facial make-over, arts and crafts, cake making, cooking, travelling, watching movies and meeting with clients.